The Smart Card Alliance honored its Industry Councils during the 2011 Smart Card Alliance Annual Conference, giving thanks for their contributions to the smart card industry. The SCA Industry Council contributes through collaborative work on white papers, best practices, webinars, conferences and more.
For their work, notably on the white paper “Getting to Meaningful Use and Beyond: How Smart Card Technology Can Support Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records,” the SCA awarded honors to:
- Anna Fernezian, CSCIP, CSCIP/G, CSC
- Dale Grogan, CSCIP, LifeMed Card, Inc.
- John Rego, OTI America
Members of the Transportation Council were also recognized for their work on projects like, “A Guide to Prepaid Cards for Transit Agencies,” as well as planning summits in New York City and Utah, and developing a workshop on open payments in transit.
- Greg Garback, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- Jerry Kane, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Michael Nash, ACS, A Xerox Company
Physical Access Council and Identity Council members were recognized for contributions to white papers like “Smart Cards and Biometrics,” “Personal Identity Verification Interoperability (PIV-I) for Non-Federal Issuers,” as well as a webinar on PIV-I and comments to the government on Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM) Roadmap and Implementation Guidance and the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC). They are:
- Salvatore D’Agostino, CSCIP, IDmachines LLC (Physical Access and Identity Councils)
- Tony Damalas, CSCIP/G, Diebold Security (Physical Access Council)
- LaChelle LeVan, CSCIP, Probaris, Inc. (Identity Council)
- Steve Rogers, Intellisoft (Physical Access and Identity Councils)
Individuals from the Payments Council were acknowledged for their work on “Card Payments Roadmap in the U.S.: How Will EMV Impact the Future Payments Infrastructure?” and “Chip-Enabled Mobile Marketing.”
- Deborah Baxley, CSCIP, Capgemini USA Inc.
- Guy Berg, Datacard Group
- James F. Lock, JPMorgan Chase
- Jeffrey Stroud, CSCIP, Gemalto
“These awards honor those individuals that contribute their valuable time and expertise to the Councils to lead the efforts that bring these educational resources to life,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance.