09 October, 2013
As part of the CARTES Secure Connexions Event, the SESAMES Awards finalists have been announced, marking the best technological innovations in smart cards, digital security, identification, secure transactions and contactless.
CARTES Secure Connexions is a conference and exhibition dedicated to secure payment, identification and mobility solutions and will be held from November 19-21 at the Paris-Nord-Villepinte exhibition center.
Projects were submitted to a jury of 42 members consisting of internationally recognized market experts. The jury then chose the finalists and winners of the SESAMES Awards, which recognize the best projects spanning 10 categories.
The finalists are as follows:
- Gemalto M2M GmbH: “M2M (Machine-to-Machine) Technology to protect Amazon Rainforest.” Invisible Tracck is a device being used in a pilot program to thwart illegal deforestation in the Amazon rainforest of Brazil.
- Ingenico: “Witeo. The hands-free solution for strong authentication in mobility.” Witeo is a hands-free reader solution which does not require insertion or removal of the smart card. It complies with industry standard and is easy to integrate with pre-existing software solutions.
- NXP semiconductors: “Next generation NFC and high security eSE dedicated to mobile phones.” NXP’s embedded secure elements securely interact with growing technology in homes and offices including access control readers, logical control readers, laptops, NFC tags and other NFC phones.
- Airtag: “Airshop Order.” A mobile and web ordering platform designed for mobilizing the shopping experience. Airshop Order is designed as an omni-channel experience to drive in-store traffic and sales.
- Giesecke & Devrient: “TEE-TSM and Trusted Execution Environment end-to-end Ecosystem.” In G&D’s TEE-TSM center, both customer data and the transactions themselves are encrypted, ensuring protection and secrecy. The data transfer between G&D and its service providers is both logically and physically secured.
- Oberthur Technologies: “Profile Manager for Subscription Manager.” Oberthur’s solution manages mobile operators’ network credentials, and upon request from the mobile operator’s, will generate a secure profile ready for download to the targeted embedded SIM. It will also authenticate the embedded SIM.
- ABnote Corp: “Secure My Wallet.” ABnote leverages experience in Near Field Communication (NFC) and contactless technologies and teams with well known payment processors to design, intergrate, assemble and distribute contactless payment devices in a range of form factors.
- Escher Group: “Riposte TrEx.” Riposte TrEx combines structured data transmission with the convenience of sending traditional mail in electronic form to encourage secure communications and transactions.
- Infineon Technologies AG: “High Speed e-passport with Very High Bitrates and Secure, CC EAL6+h certified Flash.”
- Oberthur Technologies: “ID-One PIV for eSE.” ID-One PIV is a physical and logical security access card solution that provides identity proofing, general authentication services and secures post issuance management. The solution also offers a fingerprint match-on-card implementation, which provides the ability to perform cardholder verification and authentication inside the card.
- CipherCloud: “CipherCloud Platform.” CipherCloud provides a single platform with which to secure sensitive customer information across all of your cloud applications, while preserving usability, functionality and performance. Available as a service or virtual appliance, CipherCloud delivers a comprehensive set of protection controls including encryption, tokenization, activity monitoring, data loss prevention (DLP) and malware detection.
- IKI: “SITO IPPOS.” SITO IPPOS is a specialized monitoring system for card transactions at point of sale terminals that take place over IP networks (IP POS transactions). It continuously monitors each IP POS TCP/SSL transaction and improves visibility of IP POS transactions’ security, availability and performance.
- INSIDE Secure: “QuickSec for the Mobile Enterprise.” QuickSec for Android uses the FIPS certified SafeZone crypto library, is NSA Suite B complaint and offers security in line with the Security Technical Implementation Guides authored by the U.S. Department of Defense’s Defense Information Systems Agency. Implementation of QuickSec provides risk assurance to meet the standards outlined by NIST and meet the requirements of the Federal Information Security Management Act.
- Card4B Systems S.A.: “WildCard Ticketing Kernel.” A multi-services embedded software framework that features multiple customer-media technologies (e.g. Mifare, Calypso, NFC, 2D bar code), multi-OS compatibility (Windows Mobile, Android and iOS), Data Model XML Editor and Interpreted Engin and a Certification Support Tool.
- Famoco SAS: “Fx 100 Series — Mobile POS.” FAMOCO’s Mobile PoS solution commoditizes card acceptance and reaches retailers with any business scale. Secure, reliable and fully integrated, FAMOCO Mobile PoS device also supports bluetooth connection with portable external printer.
- TransaXiom Ltd: “Janus Card.” The Janus Card is the first example of a stored value transit card that can also us the same card balance to pay for both transit and non-transit goods using different payment protocols where non-transit merchants require no Secure Access Module to collect real-time payments offline or online.
- Airtag: “Airshop Order.”
- Ferlo SA: “Ferlo MoneaCash.”
- Oberthur Technologies: “Social Couponing Wallet.”
- Gemalto M2M GmbH: “M2M Technology to protect Amazon Rainforest”
- Morpho: “3DBioSecure.”
- Oberthur Technologies: “My voice is my password.”
- Mobeewave-Gemalto-STMicroelectronics: “Fully integrated EMV NFC mPOS.” Mobeewave’s EMV technology is a generic platform that enables both embedded EMV contactless processing as well as contact processing. Its EMV library is easily portable to mobile devices, ensuring a minimal integration effort and a very fast time to market.
- Think&Go NFC: “Dynamic NFC-Screen.” The Dynamic NFC-Screen allows users to interact with a video display screen using an NFC phone. On-screen visual content and NFC content are both changed at will and synchronously so that users can appreciate quality of information and presentation on the screen as well as take information and actions from the surface of the screen with their own phones.
- Think&Go NFC: “NFC-Shopping.” NFC-shopping combines efficient management of information from e-commerce with the physical shop environment that most shoppers prefer.
- Cardtek Group: “TV-Commerce Platform.”
- Orik Payment Solutions: “Divi Neguma social benefit Card.”
- SCCP Group: “Swiff mWallet.” Swiff mWallet is a white label solution that provides mobile security and strengthens the merchant-customer relationship. It offers a prepaid, loyalty management solution that enables the merchant to gain sustainable customer trust. Swiff mWallet is built around a core security platform featuring guaranteed reliability and security.
Manufacturing & Tests
- Samsung Electonics: “45nm Embedded Flash Logic Process Development.” A smart card IC based on Samsung’s 45nm eFlash logic process guarantees high reliability and endurance of 1 million cycles per flash memory cell. The performance results are the industry’s best class and superior to any other solutions currently on the market, generally rated for 500,000 cycles.
- Secure-IC S.A.S.: “Smart-SIC Analyser (TM), the ‘radar’ tool of Secure-IC S.A.S.”
- VTT Verschleissteiltechnik GmbH: “VTT FlyEye Technology.” A hexagonal image pattern for card laminate printing.
- CipherCloud: “CipherCloud Platform.”
- Think&Go NFC: “Dynamic NFC-Screen.”
- UINT: “The multiple applications chip card having biometric validation.”