Winners of the CARTES Asia 2013 SESAME Awards have been chosen. The Asian SESAMES Awards rewards the best projects in 3 categories:
- Card technology, manufacturing, personalization, covering everything that relates to the card technology and manufacturing process, and its personalization, and provisioning until final delivery to the card holder.
- Hardware, including readers, validators, and more globally products and projects that enable interactions with the card.
- Software and applications, that covers all sector dedicated applications (payment, telecom, healthcare, transport, identity, etc.), and software that enables the running of the applications.
The Prize Winners are:
Software and applications:
- HID Global for its iCLASS Seos credential, a high frequency solution for increased security, privacy and portability. The open-design credential can be used for physical and logical access control, cashless vending, transit and a variety of other applications. It can also be user across multiple form factors including NFC smart phones and other mobile devices.
- Vision-Box for its vb e-pass dispenser solution, an integrated and self-contained front-end platform based on an intelligent cartridge distribution process, which performs the renewal and delivery of electronic documents, capturing and verifying the identity of the citizen via face, fingerprint and/or iris matching.
Card technology, manufacturing, personalization:
- Crane Currency for its Motion ID polycarbonate security inlay, designed to be used in passport data pages and ID card documents. With a micro-optic structure embedded below the cad surface and compatible with polycarbonate laminating process, it provides maximum counterfeit security to high value identification documents.
The Asian SESAMES Awards aims to reward the most innovative technological applications developed for the Asian Pacific market in the field of smart cards, digital security, identification, secure transactions, and contactless technology.
The competition is open to all companies operating in the sector and the jury is composed of experts from the industry.