Exostar and SAFE-BioPharma Association announced a partnership that will enable Exostar to issue non-public key infrastructure identity credentials at Levels of Assurance two ands three to its community of life sciences and health care customers via SAFE-BioPharma’s government approved Trust Framework Provider service.
Life sciences and health care companies are faced with the challenge of securely enabling business processes in the cloud while ensuring regulatory compliance and alignment with evolving regulatory online processes. The partnership will enable Exostar to issue identity credentials, under the SAFE-BioPharma Trust Framework. Companies can leverage identity credentials to provide secure and trusted access to proprietary toolsets, analytics, and other internal/external applications in the cloud to their business partners, outside researchers, government agencies, or even competitors.
The potential benefits of the partnership include:
- Accelerated development of solutions, increasing profit potential.
- Use of a single credential with all partners, eliminating the need for multiple digital identities and passwords.
- Reduced costs by replacing physical identity credentials with cloud-based credentials that can be accessed and used from any Internet connection.
- Elimination of paper audits.
- Faster organization and individual on-boarding.
- Increased agility by eliminating site-to-site Virtual Private Networks while maintaining privacy and security.
- Smoother operations resulting from Web single sign-on.