HID Global announced the expansion of its pivCLASS product portfolio with a family of credential authentication solutions that enables customers to comply with government physical access control mandates.
The pivCLASS suite now incorporates a family of software solutions from Codebench, part of HID Global, with HID’s pivCLASS Authentication Module, readers and credentials that offer a solution for compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive -12 and FIPS 201 to PIV-enable a physical access control system.
The pivCLASS Government Solutions portfolio supports credential verification of FIPS 201-based credentials — PIV, PIV-I, CAC, CIV, TWIC, FRAC — and physical access control registration into more than 30 different physical access control system head end products. The portfolio enables government agencies to comply with FIPS 201 requirements by leveraging their existing technology and eliminating the need to rip and replace systems.
The portfolio includes pivCLASS hardware and software that can be used independently or in conjunction with each other to create a complete PIV-enabled access control system. The integrated product family includes:
- pivCLASS Validation Workstation: Enables compliance officers to verify cardholders’ identities and validate the cards’ revocation status.
- pivCLASS Registration Engine: Allows customers to validate and authenticate FIPS 201 cards, harvest the cardholder data and register the data into a supported physical access control system.
- pivCLASS Certificate Manager: Re-validates the harvested certificates after registration and can suspend credential in the physical access control system if the certificate has been revoked by the agency that issued it.
- pivCLASS Authentication Module: A small embedded computer with pre-loaded, updatable firmware that can be installed between readers and the existing physical access control system panel. The authentication module conducts PIV cardholder credential validation as cards are presented to readers.
- pivCLASS Reader Services: Configures the authentication level to be used with each pivCLASS Authentication Module.
- pivCLASS ID Publisher: Imports credentials from an identity management system, card management system, human resources database or other authoritative sources and provisions credentials into a PACS database.
- pivCLASS MultiPACS: Concurrently registers identification credentials into multiple similar or disparate PACS.
- pivCLASS Reader Family: Supports PIV, PIV-I, CIV, CAC, TWIC, iCLASS, HID Prox. Authentication modes can be executed in conjunction with the pivCLASS Authentication Module to meet any security assurance level.
- pivCLASS Credentials: Dual interface smart cards for FIPS 201 deployments used for combined logical and physical access.
The expanded product line is available.