Intercede announced the release of its MyID Management Agent for Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager. This is the culmination of collaboration with the Microsoft Identity and Access Management technical team.
The combination of Intercede MyID and Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager provides customers with a credentialing solution for enterprise customers.
The Intercede MyID Management Agent for Forefront Identity Manager enables Intercede MyID to work as a plug-in. This aims to simplify the task of adding smart card and credential management capabilities to any Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager-enabled environment.
Organizations that rely on Microsoft infrastructure can now take advantage of Intercede MyID to reinforce against cyber attack and identity fraud. This may include issuing smart cards to employees for logon, email signing and encryption, VPN access, BitLocker encryption and other enhanced security features.
Key features of MyID include:
- Technology independent, supporting a wide range of smart cards, USB tokens, printers, certificate authorities etc.
- Supports key archive and recovery for replacement cards.
- Management of temporary cards.
- Graphical card layout editor and card printing.
- Can be integrated directly into the FIM / Sharepoint GUI for a single system view.
- FIPS 201 compliant (PIV, PIV-Interoperable and PIV-Compatible).