Boca Raton, Fla.-based Identify Security Solutions revealed a biometric solution that leverages a user’s mobile device camera to conduct authentication.
The identifyME solution is an access control solution that recognizes the user as a real, live person and continuously monitors the user’s presence at the device for the duration of use.
“An authorized individual using a portable or stationary device – smart phone, laptop or desktop PC – signs on to the host via wired or wireless connection to perform his/her duties,” explains Steve Hoechster, vice president of Marketing and Communications at Identify.
What happens next is a utility that is new to the biometric access control fold. “The host will activate the camera and it will begin scanning the face of the user to identify the person facing the camera as a living natural person according to personalized and typical biometric characteristics on record with the organization,” says Hoechster.
Still a fledgling solution, identifyME is being tailored to meet the gamut of security needs, and according to Hoechster, will incorporate the following recognition methods:
- Presence. Ultrasonic, laser and capacitive proximity sensing technology will be utilized to confirm the presence of a live person in front of the camera
- Physical attribute. Physical facial geometry is measured, such as the distance between the eyes and compared to recorded data of the user
- Thermal image. Validates the presence of a live person. A special attribute of the camera will be used to capture the thermal image of the user attempting to sign in.
- Facial expressions. Using various combinations of biometric facial recognition technologies to verify that the user is relaxed, alert and his/her ability unimpeded to perform his/her duties by being under the influence of substances or in a state of fearfulness
- Identity. Validate the identity and current status of the person with the organization
- Authority. Validate the current level of authority of the person within the organization
- Location & time. Transmits the GPS location of the user to the host for authentication and authorization
- Validation. Performs the above outlined procedures rapidly and perpetually during the session while the user is connected to the host
The above utilities can be tweaked to suit the specific needs of various organizations and Identify intends to work with each of its clients individually to ensure that the identifyME solution is the right fit.