The Smart Card Alliance Physical Access Council has announced new officers and steering committee and upcoming projects for the next year.
Upcoming activities include a white paper on interoperable identity credentials for the air transport industry, recommendations for enhanced Wiegand message formats to support FIPS 201-related implementations, and an in-person council session at the Smart Card Alliance Smart Cards in Government Conference in October.
Last year the council published a white paper, “Physical Access Control System Migration Options for Using FIPS 201 Compliant Credentials,” a guide to understanding the challenges unique to PACS when transitioning to FIPS 201-1 compliant credentials, the migration options available and best practices for managing the transition.
The council also brought interactive demonstrations and discussion to the ISC West 2008 conference, covering the issuance, personalization and use of dual-interface PIV cards. The council also had a presence at GovSec, and hosted the Transportation Security Administration Aviation Credential Interoperability Solution (ACIS) web briefing.
New officers for the council are:
- Chair: Roger Roehr, Tyco International (elected for second term)
- Vice chair: Nathan Cummings, HID Global
- Secretary: Lars Suneborn, Hirsch Electronics
New steering committee members are:
- Patrick Comiskey, NXP Semiconductors
- Tony Damalas, Diebold
- Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Walter Hamilton, Identification Technology Partners
- Kevin Kozlowski, XTec, Incorporated
- Bob Merkert, SCM Microsystems
- Dwayne Pfeiffer, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Robert Samuel, Sagem Morpho
- Mike Sulak, U.S. Department of State