The Smart Card Alliance is hosting a webinar entitled, Smart Health ID Cards: Addressing Challenges with Patient Identity Management and Authentication.
Accurately identifying and authenticating patients are a problem for hospitals, other health care providers and health care payers that impact administrative efficiency, revenue collection, legislative compliance and patient quality of care.
This webinar will focus on smart health ID cards for patients, reviewing the key challenges with patient identity management and authentication today and discussing how patient ID cards and smart card technology can address the critical issues.
The American Medical Association Health Security Card pilot and the Wyckoff Heights Medical Center medical smart cards are featured as examples of smart health ID card programs.
This webinar will discuss:
- Requirements for and benefits of patient ID cards
- Challenges with patient identity management and authentication in health care and the role of smart health cards to address these challenges
- Health care organization perspectives on the market need for and experience with smart patient health cards
- Requirements for and benefits of a smart health security card for disasters and public health emergencies
- Randy Vanderhoof, executive director, Smart Card Alliance
- Michael Magrath, CSCIP, director, business development – Government & Healthcare, Gemalto, and Chair, Smart Card Alliance Healthcare Council
- David N. Gans, MSHA, FACMPE, vice president, Innovation and Research, Medical Group Management Association
- Rajiv Garg, president and CEO, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
- Dr. James J. James, DrPH, MHA, director, Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Preparation, American Medical Association
The free webinar will take place Sept. 13 from 1:00 to 2:00 P.M. eastern time. For more information and to register, please visit here.