San Francisco International Airport has selected an additional identity management application from Quantum Secure. The airport has been using SAFE Airport Identity & Credential Management System since 2010, which has enabled the management of their badging process by automating manual processes related to background checks, access credential issuance, physical access privilege assignment/termination and management of TSA-mandated audit and compliance regulations.
The SAFE for Aviation solution comes with pre-defined policies, workflows and procedures for issuing badge credentials, granting/revoking access to airport facilities while simplifying adherence to TSA and FAA regulations, audits and security directives, minimizing insider threats and promoting greater operational security.
It automates processes for conducting background checks for new airport workers, obtaining security clearances for access to secured locations from the governing bodies like the TSA, creating flexible self-service access rights to allow approved parties to enroll their own employees and subcontractors, and grant them physical access rights while complying with and enforcing security directives.
Some of the applications SFO Airport plans to deploy in 2014 are the following Aviation-related SAFE modules:
- Privilege Management Application provides the ability to define credential types and associate these credentials with necessary Privileges & Security checks needs, including the lifecycle management of these relationships.
- Financial Management Application enables the airport to manage the financial related transactions for contractors, third parties and other operators.
- Integrated Watch List Management Application enables the user to manage the internal/external watch lists and update the TSA No-fly selectee list to search for a possible match and highlight the same during the enrollment process.
- Aviation Mobile Infraction Management gives complete capability to the user to perform tasks and take actions on their smartphones and tablets.
- Aviation Visitor Management to manage the complete lifecycle of the visitors, including creation of an audit trail of visits and visitors checking in and fingerprinting schedule management for authorized signatories.