The GSA has added another company to its list of approved contractors for HSPD-12 service provision. Virginia-based SI International can supply production, enrollment, and system integration services to agencies working to comply with the new credentialing requirements. Among SI’s government ID experience is work with the CAC, Iraq theatre IDs, and TSA.
SI International Approved As HSPD-12 Service Provider by GSA
RESTON, VA – August 23, 2006 – SI International, Inc. (Nasdaq: SINT), an information technology and network solutions (IT) company, today announced that it has been named a qualified Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) systems service provider by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). The GSA approval enables SI International to provide card management and production, enrollment, and integration solutions for HSPD-12 implementations.
HSPD-12 is a presidential directive outlining identification card standards for federal employees and contractors. The standards were created to eliminate the wide variations of identification credentials used to gain access to secure Federal facilities where there is a potential for terrorist attacks. HSPD-12 directs the implementation of a smart card identification and credentialing process, which is designed to enhance security; reduce identity fraud, tampering, counterfeiting, and terrorist exploitation; and protect the personal privacy of those issued government identification.
“SI International has a proven record in providing large scale, secure identification credentials and identity systems to federal agencies,” said Mike Becraft, SI International’s Executive Vice President of Mission Services Group. “We believe our skills and experience will prove helpful as agencies look for support with their HSPD-12 implementation programs.”
SI International has supplied credentialing solutions to government clients since 1994, when it developed the Department of State’s first machine-readable travel documents, Passport and Visa of the Future. Additional experience in providing smart card solutions to various federal government agencies includes:
- Military identification (ID) cards and Common Access Cards (CACs) for soldiers in the Active, Reserve and National Guard, their dependents, government employees, contractor employees, and/or the associated retirement communities.
- Management of the preparation, distribution, and activation of Level 4 Fortezza Private Key Infrastructure (PKI) Certificates for Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) activities.
- Engineering and management support to the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Integrated Card Production System (ICPS). The ICPS is an advanced method of producing secure ID cards and one of the world’s largest secure card-processing facilities. In excess of 30 million ID cards and more than 250,000 travel documents produced to date.
- Credentialing system for Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Emergency Response Team (ERT). Software integrated with the first responder equipment warehouse for access control and emergency site smart cards for identification and site management.
- Theater-wide ID badging/biometric control system for the Multi-National Task Force (MNTF) – Iraq with over 75,000 cards issued.
- New standard credential with embedded security features for Transportation Security Administration. Along with teaming partners, SI International produced over 90,000 identification cards.
About SI International:
SI International, a member of the Russell 2000 index, is a provider of information technology and network solutions (IT) primarily to the federal government. The Company combines technology and industry expertise to provide a full spectrum of state-of-the-practice solutions and services, from design and development to documentation and operations, to assist clients in achieving their missions. SI International is ranked as the 40th largest Federal Prime IT Contractor by Washington Technology and has approximately 4,300 employees. More information about SI International can be found at www.si-intl.com.
Research and evaluate FIPS 201 Approved Products and get the latest info on compliant credentialing systems at FIPS201.com. Click to visit FIPS201.com.