The Smart Card Alliance announced that during this year’s 9th Annual Smart Cards in Government Conference it would host an educational workshop on PIV-I credentials, also giving mention to the newest officers and steering committee of its Physical Access Council.
The interactive, educational workshop will be presented by the Smart Card Alliance Physical Access Council and will clarify the requirements of PIV interoperable identity credentials. It will study business applications and usage models for implementing trusted identity credentials that comply with the technology, credential issuance policy, and security infrastructure for secure access applications.
The workshop, “PIV-I Credentialing Workshop: Strategies for the Implementation of PIV-I Secure Identity Credentials” will be held on Tuesday, November 16th from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and includes lunch. The 9th Annual Smart Cards in Government: Identity, Security & Healthcare Conference will be held November 16th through the 19th at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
The Physical Access Council is made up of more than 140 individuals from over 55 organizations across government agencies, manufacturers, system manufacturers, systems integrators and solutions providers.
New officers are:
- Chair: Lars Suneborn, Hirsch Electronics
- Vice Chair: David Nichols, HID Global
- Secretary: Salvatore D’Agostino, IDmachines
The newly elected 2010/2012 Steering Committee is:
- Salvatore D’Agostino, IDmachines
- Tony Ferguson, Bioscrypt / L-1 Enterprise Access Division
- Bob Gilson, Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC)
- Walter Hamilton, Identification Technology Partners
- Kevin Kozlowski, XTec, Inc.
- Lolie Kull, HP
- Bob Merkert, SCM Microsystems
- David Nichols, HID Global
- Steve Rogers, Intellisoft, Inc.
- Adam Shane, AMAG Technology
- Mike Sulak, Department of State
- Lars Suneborn, Hirsch Electronics