At this week’s Smart Card Alliance Payments Summit, the Smart Card Alliance Payments Council wrapped up its 2012 activities and announced its leadership for the coming year.
The Payments Council focused on EMV and NFC payments over the last year, working on educational efforts, including its EMV Connection web site.
The council also announced its new steering committee officers and members for 2013-2014. The officers are:
- Co-chairs: Jack Jania, Gemalto, and Oliver Manahan, MasterCard
- Vice chair: Troy Bernard, Discover Financial Services
- Secretary: Deborah Baxley, Capgemini
The committee members are:
- Philip Andreae, Accenture LLP
- Deana Cook, Chase Card Services
- Jose Correa, NXP Semiconductors
- Terry Dooley, SHAZAM Network
- Michael English, Heartland Payment Systems
- Greg Garback, WMATA
- Simon Hurry, Visa, Inc.
- Bastian Knoppers, FIS
- Paul Legacki, Infineon Technologies
- Nick Pisarev, Giesecke & Devrient
- JC Raynon, VeriFone Systems
- Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technologies
- John Smith, First Data Corporation