To commemorate the smart card industry’s achievements throughout 2011, the Smart Card Alliance has decided to release its first-ever E-Yearbook.
The nearly 70-page e-book discusses the year’s leadership and advancement in the smart card industry and highlights industry achievements.
- The acceleration of EMV payments in North America
- The implementation of open back card fare payment at six major U.S. transit centers
- The development of mobile payments schemes
- Government-led advances in finding secure solutions for trusted eCommerce under NSTIC
- Development in the health care industry’s use of smart cards for secure electronic health record storage and access
The E-Yearbook is available as a free download for both members and non-members of the Alliance at its website.