Smart Card Alliance announces new board
The Smart Card Alliance announced its new board and seven-member executive committee to lead and provide guidance for the organization’s education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and events for 2015-2016.
The Smart Card Alliance newly-elected executive committee is made up of the following board members:
- Chair: Brian Russell, Giesecke & Devrient
- Vice Chair: Jack Jania, Gemalto
- Treasurer: Brian Stein, CH2M
- Assistant Treasurer: Kirk Brafford, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Secretary: Deborah Baxley, Capgemini Financial Services
- Assistant Secretary: Oliver Manahan, MasterCard
- Technology Vice Chair: Frazier Evans, Booz Allen Hamilton
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board:
- Michael Dinning, U.S. Dept. of Transportation/Volpe Center
- Willy Dommen, Accenture
- Allen Friedman, Ingenico
- Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Simon Hurry, Visa, Inc.
- Thomas Lockwood, NextGenID
- Michael Nash, Xerox
- Thomas Parker, Infineon Technologies
- Elinor Smith, Discover Financial Services
- Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technologies
- Kelly Urban, First Data Corporation
Defense Department renews MorphoTrust contract
MorphoTrust USA announced that it has won a contract with the Department of Defense (DoD) to provide identity verification solutions. The solution will verify the identities of individuals in situations critical to national security.
In this third year renewal option, DOD will extend its contract for MorphoTrust ABIS (automated biometric identification system). ABIS offers a software platform that enables organizations to search, process, compare and manage identity data of enrolled individuals.
With ABIS, DoD can enroll biometric images including face, finger, palm and iris for use in near instantaneous one-to-one and one-to-many identity checks. ABIS facilitates the DoD’s identity record keeping, identity management, ID verification and deduplication mission goals. This contract is worth $3.5 million.
Gallagher updates product lines
Gallagher released its latest products and updates to the security market. The release includes Command Centre v7.40, an update to the company’s security management platform and a new Mobile Reader.
This generation of products is designed to improve organizational efficiency, automate manual interactions and streamline processes such as visitor management and perimeter alarms management.
Further details about Gallagher’s latest products:
- Command Centre v7.40 boasts features designed to improve operational efficiency while enhancing the user experience. The introduction of a bar code scanner for the Gallagher Visitor Management Client and Kiosk can speed up the entry and exit process for visitors to site. Other enhancements to the Visitor Management suite include customizable branding on the kiosk, and further automation of host interactions saving the host time. Gallagher’s T20 Card +PIN Terminals will also receive a software upgrade with the release of v7.40 enabling the management of perimeter alarms as well the ability to perform overrides and conduct maintenance and repairs on the fence line.
- Gallagher’s new Mobile Reader extends security across your site and beyond the door by giving guards the freedom to search cardholder’s details and access privileges without returning to a workstation. The Gallagher Mobile Reader is designed to work with all the latest Apple devices operating on iOS 8 or iOS 9.