Tascent launches biometric ID kiosk and enterprise software
18 April, 2018
category: Biometrics, Corporate, Transit
Tascent Inc. has released two products – a solution for biometric ID kiosks and a software suite for enterprises – designed to make it easier for organizations, consumers, workers and travelers to harness the benefits of using IDs based on physical features.
The U.S.-based company focuses on what it calls “intuitive biometrics.” Tascent says its new products will make biometric authentication more accessible and easier to use.
Tascent InSight One is now available as an embeddable OEM module for seamless kiosk integration
In the first instance, Tascent has made available its face and iris recognition technology to enable authentication in self-service biometric ID devices. “Tascent InSight One is now available as an embeddable OEM module for seamless kiosk integration, and as a small-footprint ID station for self-service biometric enrollment and authentication,” the company says. “These two new form factors will enable partners to integrate multimodal biometric capabilities to enhance the security, convenience, and efficiency of self-service touchpoints.”
Biometric ID kiosks at airports powered by Tascent technology
Tascent already is working with Embross, a company that sells self-service technology, to deploy the biometric authentication technology in kiosks that identify travelers in airports. The companies provided no further details about their partnership. “Our partnership with Tascent reflects a great alignment of philosophies as we work together to deliver a new suite of capabilities to the benefit of our customers and the broader airport experience,” said Achilles Tzelepis, President and CEO of Embross.
Among the main capabilities of Tascent InSight One are:
- Simultaneous face and dual iris capture at a standoff distance of 0.5 to 1.0 meters
- Automated, robust, and fast capture accommodating wide range of heights
- Biometric imaging that meets or exceeds demanding ISO / ICAO standards for format and quality
The second product is the Tascent Enterprise Suite, which the company describes as software that “provides a set of fundamental identity services, including multimodal matching, identity storage, and transactional analytics—facilitating seamless, effective identity solutions.”
Among the main capabilities of this new software are:
- Multimodal biometric matching and identity storage
- Readily-customizable identity applications, optimized for both mobile and desktop scenarios
- Workflow, format conversion, and auditing of identity messages
- Configuration and management of devices, apps, and edge data deployed across the enterprise