WILMINGTON, DELAWARE, February 4, 2004 – TokenWorks™ announced today the availability of Version 3.2 of CardDB®. Since its release in 2002, CardDB has been popular with Universities and other organizations requiring a magnetic stripe based portable database application. Building on the success of CardDB, CardDB 3.2 adds several new features that enhance the overall performance of CardDB.
The original CardDB provided a portable platform that allowed a user to swipe a magnetic stripe based ID, and immediate receive the status of the ID. Basic features included fast lookup, fast upload/download, date and time stamp for the last swipe of each card and audible alarm on bad card status.
CardDB 3.2 adds the following features:
– Card logging for all cards swiped – primarily for applications that need reporting on every swipe, such as bus transportation.
– The ability to manually enter ID card data when the magnetic stripe is unreadable via a touch screen keypad, with user configurable ID string “auto fill”.
– New ID cardholder classification status expanded from “good card/bad card” to 62 classifications such a student, freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, faculty, staff, all meals, lunch only, etc.
– The ability to change magnetic stripe parsing parameters such as track, ID string size, starting location and lost card digit(s) starting location (if applicable).
– The ability to switch between multiple card ID databases – important for institutions with different card ID formats or when changing venues.
“These new features will provide a powerful, low cost, solution to the problem of remotely checking ID card status”, said Charles Cagliostro, TokenWorks founder and CEO. “We have worked closely with our current CardDB customers to develop these new features, and we are confident they will be well received”, Cagliostro added.
CardDB release 3.2 is available immediately. The list price for a complete CardDB system is $495.00, which includes all hardware and software necessary for checking ID cards. The CardDB solution is compatible with every University or Corporate ID card system that can output a text file of current or valid ID numbers in the system.
Existing customers may upgrade to CardDB 3.2 by sending an e-mail requesting upgrade software to: [email protected]. TokenWorks is also making available to new and existing customers a one-year phone support contact. The one-year contract is priced at $250 for up to five hours of support. To order, send an e-mail requesting the one-year CardDB phone support contract to: [email protected].
CardDB 3.2 will be demonstrated at TokenWorks’ Exhibt Booth (#226) during the Annual NACCU Conferennce being held in San Antonio March 14-16. For more information about the Conference please visit: www.naccu.org.
Founded in 1998, TokenWorks provides magnetic striped card, smart card and other token-based solutions to system integrators and end users. Applications offered by TokenWorks include CardVisor® I, II & III for age verification (www.cardvisor.com) with Magnetic and PDF417 2D bar coded drivers licenses, and CardDB for remote ID card verification (www.CardDB.com).