UnboundID released version 4.5 of the UnboundID Identity Data Platform, providing extended capabilities for managing the entire consumer identity lifecycle. The latest version’s capabilities include an end-to-end consumer profile service – supporting profile data aggregation across disparate, heterogeneous identity data stores – as well as key security and performance enhancements to the core identity data platform.
Version 4.5’s new features enable the UnboundID solution to act as an “Identity API Gateway,” providing companies with a common consumer profile service built on the standard OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect protocols. UnboundID customers – telecommunications, financial services and cloud service providers – can use this update to integrate their customer identity data with a wide range of applications and services leveraging standards-based protocols.
“The primary problem we’re trying to solve is having data spread out across various applications and not having a single view of the customer,” says Nick Crown, director of product marketing at UnboundID. “We’re combing several different functions into one single application and product that is focused on the consumer.”
Key capabilities included in the 4.5 version of the UnboundID Identity Data Platform are:
- Common Consumer Profile Service – The UnboundID Identity Broker now supports the aggregation of consumer profile data from a range of backend identity data stores, including directories, databases and web services. Profiles may be exposed via the SCIM standard or via a native RESTful API, providing a unified web service for managing the complete consumer identity lifecycle. In accordance with the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework, the UnboundID Identity Broker is also now capable of acting as both an Authorization Server and Resource Server for incoming profile requests.
- Fine-Grained, Policy-Driven Data Views – The UnboundID Identity Broker centrally applies authorization rules that filter the attributes returned to requesting applications based on industry or corporate policies or the consent granted by the individual for whom the profile represents. These virtualized data views may be configured as authoritative for reads, searches, or writes on an attribute-by-attribute basis, providing fine-grained control over how individual attributes are viewed, managed and authorized across multiple backend data sources.
- OpenID Connect Authentication – Applications may leverage the UnboundID Identity Broker for verifying authentication credentials using the OpenID Connect standard protocol. This makes it possible to centralize the management and enforcement of user credentials for use by any internal or third-party application.
- Tamper-Evident Auditing – By leveraging cryptographic digests, the UnboundID Identity Data Platform provides non-repudiation concerning the integrity of audit log files generated from the platform. This provides additional protective measures against malicious attacks from privileged account holders, administrators or other rogue insider threats.
- Enhanced Replication Initialization – Enhancements were made to the UnboundID Identity Data Store to reduce the amount of time required to initialize a replica using binary transfers. This streamlines disaster recovery procedures and reduces the overall time needed to achieve geographic redundancy.
- The UnboundID Identity Data Platform enables companies to collect, manage, and share consumer identity data so that they can better engage their customers. At the heart of these engaging experiences are rich consumer profiles built with the UnboundID solution using identity data collected from individuals in a transparent and privacy-respecting fashion. It is this “privacy-by-design” approach to identity data collection that sets UnboundID apart from other platform providers.