U.S. Biometrics has released a centralized biometric profile repository designed for use in a corporate environment. CentralQ deployment means only one repository will have to be maintained and users need only enroll once, regardless of the number of biometric solutions involved.
Naperville, Ill.–US Biometrics Corporation has announced the release of CentralQ – a centralized repository for biometric profiles in a corporate environment. CentralQ(TM) software is a server based system that allows for large numbers of fingerprint profiles to be stored and individually assigned to resources. These resources can be physical entryways (doors), networks, domain controllers, computers, and software applications. Multiple products, including many of those being developed in the US Biometric partner community, are modules which plug into the CentralQ(TM) system. CentralQ(TM) is the hub for assigning access rights and authority levels, deleting and adding resources, and generating the audit reports required in many industries.
What makes this product so key to any corporation or institution is that a CentralQ deployment puts into place the infrastructure for the future. What does this mean monetarily?
– The information technology (IT) group saves sizable amounts of money on an ongoing basis because they only have to MAINTAIN A SINGLE BIOMETRIC PROFILE REPOSITORY. They don’t have to learn a new system or maintain a new database every time the need for a new biometric solution arises.
– Since CentralQ is a biometric profile infrastructure, the deployment and learning curve of future biometric solutions is efficient and cost effective.
– Regardless of how many biometric solutions from US Biometrics that an institution implements, the customers or employees that enroll into the system ONLY HAVE TO ENROLL ONCE.
Examples of US Biometrics’ products that work within the CentralQ(TM) system include:
– AccessQ – biometric door access and control. Who is really coming through that door?
– PassQ – biometric password management for computers and networks. Is the person that is logging on really who they say they are? How many passwords do you have to remember?
– MemberQ – Easily add biometrics to most existing software applications that utilize credentials. Make logging into multiple applications and databases convenient and controllable.
About US Biometrics
Headquartered in Naperville, Illinois, US Biometrics designs affordable biometric identification software and hardware solutions – specifically digital fingerprint recognition – for corporate, financial, government, healthcare and educational clients.