Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe appointed members to an Identity Management Standards Advisory Council.
After signing legislation earlier this year creating uniform standards for strengthening and authenticating digital identities one of the provision called for creating a council to help oversee identity concerns in the state.
This group will advise the Virginia Secretary of Technology on the adoption of identity management standards and the creation of guidance documents. Those standards will determine liability under the Virginia Electronic Identity Management Act. The Secretary is charged with issuing the standards.
Appointees to the council include:
- Dave Burhop of Richmond, deputy commissioner/CIO, Department of Motor Vehicles
- Katie Crepps of Powhatan, vice president, Card Tech, Capital One
- Jeremy Grant of Washington, DC, managing director, The Chertoff Group
- Lisa E. Kimball of Ashburn, vice president, Identity Management Solutions, Telos Corp.
- Nelson P. Moe of Chester, CIO of the Commonwealth, Virginia Information Technologies Agency
- Tom Moran of Columbia, MD, executive director, All Hazards Consortium
- Michael Watson of Chester, CISO of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Virginia Information Technologies Agency
- Jeffrey Zubricki of Washington, DC, Director, Public Affairs and Government Relations, Walmart