M2SYS Technology announced that Yemen is deploying its TrueVoter biometric voting platform for the upcoming constitutional referendum and national elections. TrueVoter is a software package that enables the Supreme Commission for Elections and Referendum to deploy and maintain a biometric information system that enables for the fast, accurate, and uncontested enrollment and identification of voters.
M2SYS was able to secure the contract due to TrueVoter’s functionality, including database management and an analytics portal. The funding for this project is being provided by the United States Agency for International Development.
Features of the M2SYS TrueVoter system include:
- Customizable software modules for both input and output settings
- Multi-modal biometric voter identification; including, fingerprint, iris, palm print, finger vein, palm vein, and facial recognition, though only fingerprint and facial recognition are being used for this project
- Comprehensive analytics reporting and data logs for voter data analysis and visualization
- Fuzzy search and sophisticated data clustering capabilities
- Information safety protection measures to protect citizen privacy including; strong encryption, fault tolerant architecture, disk mirroring, automated database backups, and a disaster recovery option.
TrueVoter also offers Voter Data Manager, a central application that manages all voter records and is capable of importing data from third-party data capture applications. The internal data is kept in a configurable data structure that is capable of virtual mapping from any system. Besides its configuration benefits, this software provides a pluggable system architecture that allows end users to extend the system without touching the complex underlying design.
TrueVoter provides the commission with a system to register voters and de-duplicate biometric data within the database, providing a clean and accurate voter registry that prevents citizens from registering multiple times and voting under different aliases.
TrueVoter operates as a separate or integrated part of the main software to identify duplicate entries in the database and once the data collection is completed, the duplicate checking system enables users to find and cleanse duplicate entries with the synchronized database. TrueVoter includes adjudication functionality, an important part of the elections process.