The finalists for the 2012 Contactless & Mobile Awards, this year sponsored by Visa Europe and Telefonica O2, have now been announced.
Honoring achievements across a wide range of sectors and countries throughout Europe and abroad, the finalists reflect the growing spectrum of uses and implementations of contactless and NFC technology.
The finalists include:
- Narian Technologies – Narian NFC service (US/Global)
- CocaCola – Contactless payment in mainstream vending (UK)
- Impark – Contactless parking (Canada)
- Proxama – MasterCard Mobile Reference Kit (Global)
Transportation and Ticketing.
- Banca Commerciala Romana – Zambet BCR: contactless debit card with transport application in Bucharest (Romania)
- City of Wrocklaw – Wrocklaw Urban card (Poland)
- VDV – eTicket Germany: an interoperable e-ticket application for public transport (Germany)
- NXP – Istanbulkart (Turkey)
Mobile Payment Application of the Year.
- Tagattitude – TagPay mobile money application (Africa)
- Merchant360 – PatientID+: combined medical and payment NFC solution (USA)
- Boku – BOKU Accounts Platform (US/Global)
- Google – Google Wallet (US/Global)
Contactless / NFC Innovation of the Year.
- DeviceFidelity – In2Pay microSD solution for NFC (US/Global)
- Qolpac – NFC and epackaging for medication (Europe)
- eProvenance – NFC solution for monitoring wine (France/US)
- AQ Corporation – NFC Active tag solution for customized mobile advertisements using digital signage (Korea)
Best Customer Experience.
- Clinton Cards – Rollout of NFC payment acceptance throughout all stores (UK)
- Garanti Bank – “MONEY” card: the payment and loyalty card for Migros supermarkets (Turkey)
- Openways – NFC room keys for Hotel Chains (Scandinavia)
- LAKS – “Watch2Pay”: contactless payment using a watch (Hungary)
- Kadona – NFC Service Platform for retailer BIPA (Austria)
- Adelya – “Carte Magique”: Loyalty card for Nice residents (France)
- K-Plus – K-Plussa card for use in the K-Group of stores (Finland)
- SAS – “SAS Smart Pass”: NFC solution for frequent flyers (Sweden)
- Connecthings – “Mobulles Paris”: Smart Mailbox Implementation (France)
- WhileOnTheMove – “Daisy”: NFC enabled mobile solution for day cares, pre-schools and schools (Finland)
- Smartran – “Active Points”: residents loyalty programme for leisure services (UK)
- Fjord Nordics – World Design Capital Helsinki 2012 mobile application (Finland)
Best Marketing Campaign using Contactless / NFC Technology.
- EAT – “Quick Tap Treats”: UK’s first nationwide NFC retail loyalty programme (UK)
- Horizon Media Agency – Halls OOH (Out Of Home) campaign in Chicago (US)
- VOX Cinemas – Cinema Voucher Campaign (Dubai)
- GO Outdoors/Mobilize Systems – UK’s first fully integrated smartphone-based retailer loyalty programme (UK)
Best Contactless / NFC Infrastructure.
- ViVOtech – Single-tap point-of-sale (POS) transaction (Global)
- Greggs/Spire Payments – The largest contactless payment deployment in the retail sector by number of points of sale in Europe to date (UK)
- VeriFone – VeriFone Taxi System in London (UK)
- Proxama – Touchpoint platform (Global)
Contactless / NFC Eco-System.
- Connecthings – Large-scale deployment of contactless/NFC mobile services (Europe)
- Glodyne Technoserve – “e-Shakti card”: ID and banking solution in Bahir (India)
- Absa Bank – First NFC trial in S. Africa with EMV on handset (South Africa)
- Mokipay – NFC based Mobile payment and loyalty platform (Lithuania)
There are also two further awards that Visa Europe will present on, where only the winners are announced: The Visa payWave award for Business Leader of the Year and The Visa payWave award for Best Contactless Awareness and Education Campaign.
The winners of each categories will be announced at an award ceremony on the April 26 at the London Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel, London, England.