Marc Kekicheff, Visa’s senior business leader of chip innovation, has been re-elected chairman of GlobalPlatform, the group that standardizes the management of secure chip technology. Uwe Wittig, group vice president, payment division for Giesecke & Devrient, will remain the organization’s vice chair. In addition, Yves Moulart, director of development and innovation for STMicroelectronics, will remain secretary/treasurer.
The four other members who were elected to the board for two-year terms include:
- Jon Geater, chief technology officer for ARM;
- Rémi de Fouchier, senior vice president, Gemalto;
- Arnaud du Chéné, vice president, Chip Center of Excellence, MasterCard Worldwide;
- Sebastian Hans, senior standardization manager, Oracle.
Other GlobalPlatform directors include:
- Jerome Becquart, senior vice president, products and services, ActivIdentity;
- Richard Orth, director of technology architecture, American Express;
- Eikazu Niwano, senior research engineer, NTT Corporation;
Jean-Loup Dépinay, program manager, research and development, Oberthur Technologies.
“GlobalPlatform continues to grow in both membership and influence. Since the beginning of October, six new members have joined the organization, bringing the total membership to 77,” said Kekicheff.