The NFC Forum, a non-profit industry association set up to advance the use of NFC technology, will be conducting a one-day Spotlight Session for Developers Sept. 4 at the Lasaretti Hotelli-Ravintolaat in Oulu, Finland.
The Spotlight Session takes place during the NFC Forum all-members meeting in Oulu, Finland, Aug. 31-Sept. 6. During the week-long event, representatives from the 140 NFC Forum member organizations converge to advance initiatives focused on bringing NFC-enabled products and services to market.
During the event, attendees will:
- Learn about the market for NFC and sample use cases already deployed in more than 100 projects around the world;
- Get an update on the status of NFC Forum technical specifications;
- Preview the compliance program under development;
- Receive a briefing on the tools and certificates needed for secure element programming;
- Learn how to program a secure element applet; and
- Listen to a panel discussion on best practices from recent implementations.
Presenters and panelists include: Peter Preuss, Nokia, NFC Forum Marketing Committee chair; Jonathan Main, MasterCard, Technical Committee chair; Matt Ronning, Sony, Compliance Committee co-chair; Josef Langer, University of Hagenberg; Heikki Huomo, Center for Internet Excellence; Holgar Kunkat, SCM Microsystems; and Gavin Shenker, Visa.
“We’re seeing more and more commercially-deployed NFC applications, and as a result, the body of NFC development and deployment knowledge is also growing,” said Koichi Tagawa, chairman of the NFC Forum. “By enabling us to share that practical expertise directly, the Spotlight Session will help empower developers to drive the next wave of NFC innovation.”
Detailed information about the Spotlight Session for Developers, including the full agenda, speaker profiles and online registration, is available at the NFC Forum website.