Quantum Secure introduced “SAFE for CIV,” a software solution that aims to close the physical identity management gap between PIV and non-PIV badge holders for government agencies, creating one system to manage all identities while maintaining the security standards of PIV credentials.
Quantum Secure’s SAFE for CIV software solution enables users to manage the entire lifecycle of CIV cards, cardholders and associated PKI certificates with audit and reporting. The software includes the following features:
- Centralized on-boarding/off-boarding for all temporary personnel that need physical and/or logical access using standardized credentials such as CIV cards
- Automatic identity vetting for all personnel on-boarded for CIV cards
- Generation of user credential certificates through an integrated Public Key Infrastructure and its underlying Certificate Authority
- Creation and issuance of CIV smart cards by programming digital identities and one or more PKI certificates onto cards
- Central management of issued CIV cards and their attributes with policies for suspension/revocation
- Automatic provisioning of the CIV card and associated identity into physical security systems and logical directory systems
- Built-in reports on CIV cardholder population, card details and their status
- Support for the credential specification
SAFE for CIV Credential is part of a physical identity and access management suite from Quantum Secure. The software suite enables organizations to centrally manage all types of identities and their physical access, including PIV, PIV-I, CIV and other cardholders and visitors.
The system includes predefined policies for automating user provisioning and privilege management across disparate physical access control systems based on multiple conditions like user role, cardholder type, location etc.