XIRING has released a new line of smart-card readers aimed at the eID market to be used with electronic national identity cards, electronic passports, government agent cards, public transport cards, as well as any and all professional official smart cards .
The new line of card readers is broken down into the following:
- Liteo: a USB reader, optimized for government programs and mass deployment;
- Porteo: a portable USB reader adapted for public transport cards scheme;
- Diteo: a dual-interface desktop USB reader for reading contact and/or contactless smart cards.
- The Leo category of USB card readers with integrated display and keypad offers secure management of PINs
- Leo by XIRING: secure desktop USB card reader for professional use, for authentication and electronic signature with secure management of PINs. Its design meets international security standards requirements.
- MyLeo: personal portable version of XIRING’s Leo secure card reader, MyLeo also offers an unconnected PC-free mode for travel needs or mixed IT environments.
- The Codeo, an autonomous reader with a display and keypad for the general public, used for consulting information on smart cards and generating authentication codes for remote services, without being connected to a computer.